Wow, I really left that last announcement on a depressing note…
So after reading your comments, I did some reevaluation and decided that perhaps I was indeed being too rash with all of this. However, that doesn’t negate the personal concerns I have. So, there are some things I’m going to do first.
1.) I’m going to contact the translator who was interested in this novel before. They’re both reputable and fast, so I think you guys wouldn’t mind them taking it over.
2.) If that translator is no longer interested, then I’ll setup an email so that anyone wanting to take over the novel can message me. I’ll ask some basic questions like translation speed/quality, familiarity with Japanese, etc.
3.) If that falls through as well, then I’ll consider going back to The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs, but I would look into finding someone who knows Japanese well enough to evaluate my translations for the first volume.
So yeah, I have a plan now to prevent the novel from either being left without someone to pick it up or in a worse position than before. I hope this is a better conclusion, or at least a more palatable one.